Sunday, March 30, 2008
* The other day I was thinking... "Wow, I really hate myspace.com. I can't believe these teenagers still use that site." I then realized that the things that old people complain about is going to change drastically.
My grandparents lived through a depression and several wars where the death toll was extremely high. They say things like 'in my day we didn't...' and 'we got along just fine without....'. and what they say makes sense and is relevant.
I'm going to complain to my grandkids about how we got along just fine with just regular cellphones that didn't have bluetooth. ...and how we had windows 95 and we made it just fine!
We have nothing to complain about. We aren't tough like our grandparents because we never had to be.
* Older ladies sing every song in church as if they were an opera star. If you've ever had one standing behind you or sitting beside you it can be quite ear piercing. Apparently the style in their day was deep gut-driven singing and heavy vibrato. And no one told them that the times they are a-changing. So they stand out.
* I talked about this recently. Older people especially older men act like pocket change is radioactive and they must get rid of it as soon as possible. They will hold up people waiting in line at a retail store while they dig through fists of change trying to find a combination that will leave them with less pennies. Plus they love to wait until you have their twenty dollar bill already entered in the register and then they spring their change on you. I have to void that transaction now in order to make the drawer right.
* Ear hair.
* Old folks do not mince words to spare your feelings.
* McDonalds is still a baffling place for the elderly. The whole number system for the meals is confusing. Back then a #2 was something that happened after the meal...not before.
You have to love them. You have to respect them. They deserve both. God bless em!
Friday, March 28, 2008
This is Mike Doughty solo singing one of my favs from that band.
Please excuse his filthy mouth in the beginning...
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
* I am a skeptic. I question the sincerity of people. I can't help it. I don't trust the world.
* I was born a coal miners daughter in a cabin on a hill in Butcher holler. Or was that someone else..I forget.
* One of my earliest memories was going downtown to Woolworths. They had a machine there that looked like a photo booth and you could put in a quarter and you could watch a Mighty Mouse or Popeye cartoon.
Monday, March 17, 2008
These guys were Christian Metal before that was even considered a possibility. They are the founders of the style.
As a service to you who say it's just noise and you can't understand the words. Here they are. Sing along!
I set my self up
I've no one to blame but my
Self pity is useless
I'll not entertain your sickness,
Half truths, deceit, forced in,
Not God, reject
Reject all lies
Rebuke take hold
Intrepid Spirit of God
Rebuke take hold
Authority of God
Reject all lies
Sunday, March 16, 2008
me: What was the name of that town I was just talking about in Brazil?
me: Do you remember the name of the dog that is in the Garfield comics?
me: uh no, that was the kid from Andy Griffith.
GF: Do you remember what happened the first time I met you?
me: You fell in love at first sight?
GF: No we were walking out the door for our date and the heel of your shoe literally became detached and flew across the room.
me: Not a good first impression huh?
GF: No, not really.
me: The dog on the Little Rascals was named Petey.
GF: (five straight minutes of uncontrollable laughter)
me: I think the show Seinfeld is one of the funniest shows ever.
GF: I hate Seinfeld. I think Friends is one of the funniest shows ever.
me: I despise Friends.
GF: Well this should work out just great!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
They believe they are being filled with the Holy Spirit and are being caused to act like this,
I believe that they are putting themselves into trances and hysterics and they are causing themeslves to act like this. It's more cult then religion.
I missed the chapter and verse in the Bible that says when you are filled with the Holy Spirit it's no different then being on LSD and crack at the same time.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
* A 3/32 hole uses a silver cleco clamp in order to pull together two or more pieces of sheet metal. The length of the rivet needed is then determined by a simple formula of (1.5 x Rivet Diameter) + Grip length. Deal with it!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Sunday, March 09, 2008
I used to love this video back when I was a youth. I don't fully get it but I still like it. And doesn't Thom Yorke look like Martin Short's mentally handicapped younger brother?!
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Someone used the GrandCentral call thingy on my sidebar to make my phone call and hook into the DNC call center.
Very creative! The joy of prank calling is renewed again with this GrandCentral thing.
I like it.
Friday, March 07, 2008
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Until conservatives wake up and nominate actual conservatives then I will tune them out and tune in to Rush Limbaugh.
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Sunday, March 02, 2008
It says "Call Me". And that is exactly what it will do. Type in your number and it will call your phone and then connect you to me.
Why do I need that?
I don't know. It's some new technology acquired by Google and it's free. I never pass up new useless stuff that'll never take off!
Anyway... Try it!